Recently, Google has been working on getting better local search results. And it makes sense. If you’re looking for a hairdresser, you’re probably not looking for one in the opposite end of the country. So Google tries to show locally relevant results instead.
To ensure that your website shows up on local searches in Google, it’s crucial that a number of things have been done on your website – including:
– That you have an optimised MyBusiness registration
– That your company’s name and address appear in the same format in all places
– That your company information, including opening hours, GEO location, etc. are encoded with Schema.org
– That at least one place on your website has a Google Map with your location marked
– That your company’s name and location are used in the title of at least one page (about us / contact)
– That some links from local sources are created
You get all of this as standard with your brand new Waimea Business website.